Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rebecca Black Drops 'My Moment' Music Video

Clip shows 'Friday' singer making TV appearances, walking red carpets.
By Jocelyn Vena


Rebecca Black in her "My Moment" music video
Photo: RB Friday, Inc

Have you heard that this is Rebecca Black's moment? Well, in case you haven't, she's happily declaring it in her video for her latest single, "My Moment." The song is all about empowerment and addressing all those haters who didn't necessarily get her last viral smash, "Friday."

The video opens with the teen singer in a recording studio putting the final touches on the cutesy song, which opens with the lyrics, "Were you the one who said that I would be nothing?/ Well, I'm about to prove you wrong/ I'm not the only one who believes in something/ My one wish is about to come true."

Scenes of her in the studio are intercut with a montage of her making TV appearances, strutting down red carpets, driving around Hollywood and greeting fans.

The feel-good theme of the track continues on the chorus, with Black declaring, "This is my moment, my moment/ It's my time, flying high, lime, mine/ Feels like my moment, my moment, I've waited for so long/ But now everybody knows this is my moment, my moment."

Next, Rebecca takes her fans to the makeup chair, where she's getting all gussied up, and to dance rehearsals, which eventually become a full-on dance break as she hits the floor with "So You Think You Can Dance" finalists Robert Roldan and Kent Boyd. Then she's in a limo in a big red dress, her name on the marquee; this time the red carpet is all hers.

The song was written by Brandon "Blue" Hamilton (Justin Bieber) and Quinton Tolbert, and the production credits include Charlton Pettus. Black is also finishing up her five-track EP, which will be released in August.

Related Videos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1667466/rebecca-black-my-moment-music-video.jhtml

Hilarie Burton Hilary Duff

No comments:

Post a Comment