Thursday, September 1, 2011

Susan Lucci Talks 'All My Children' Finale

Susan Lucci Talks 'All My Children' Finale

Wednesday was an intense day for Susan Lucci. It was her last day of work on All My Children, as the legendary soap opera wrapped production after 42 years on broadcast TV. The final (televised) episode will air on ABC on Sept. 23.

"I had to rein my emotions back in because I had to work," the 64-year-old actress -- who has been playing Erica Kane on the show since 1970! -- told TV Guide shortly after filming her final scene. "But the setting was spectacular! Perfect for the last day of shooting."

Lucci is particularly excited about the way that creator Agnes Nixon and veteran head writer Lorraine Broderick chose to wrap things up -- or rather, not to. In true soap opera fashion, All My Children will end with a cliffhanger. Several of them, actually.

"I think it's spectacular," Lucci said. "To me, knowing how Agnes writes, it was not shocking that she would do that. Like any great novel, when you put it down you say, 'Well, then what?' I knew she wouldn't tie it up in a neat bow, and she really didn't."

Of course, there's another reason for leaving fans in the lurch, story-wise. The show is moving online, probably in the first quarter of next year. But whether or not Lucci will be moving with it is still being worked out.

One point she's sure about: She won't go without Nixon. "I mean, it won't be All My Children if she's not doing it." But Lucci thinks highly of Prospect Park, the production company that's taking the show online.

"My heart is there," she said. "I think it's a very, very exciting possibility. I think that Prospect Park, the men involved there, have a wonderful, successful track record."

In other words: Cross your fingers, AMC fans.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/susan-lucci-talks-all-my-children-finale/1-a-379141

Emma Heming Emma Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment