Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Veteran newcomer Ebersole continues to wow with dominating win over Hallman at UFC 133

Brian Ebersole left Indiana back in 2007 and moved to Australia to work on his game. Tonight he returned to fight in the U.S. for the first time since a bout in Los Angeles and blew away a fellow veteran Dennis Hallman in Philadelphia. Ebersole survived an early submission scare to crush Hallman on the ground and gain the victory at 4:28 of the first round at the Wells Fargo Center.

Ebersole's story is crazy. He fought 61 times before getting his shot in the UFC. He debuted by schooling Chris Lytle, a guy who rarely gets crushed. The victory over Hallman, a veteran of 59 fights, was even more impressive.

[ Watch Ebersole-Hallman highlights here]

Ebersole (48-14-1, 2-0 UFC) extricated himself from rear-naked and guillotine choke attempts by Hallman to gain top control. Once on top, he was like a boxer his knees. He mixed his shots beautifully between hammerfists to the body and head, and vicious elbows with both arms. With a minute left in the round, a right hammerfist rang Hallman's bell, and then two brutal elbows forced the stoppage. The first big right elbow made Hallman's head fall and eyes roll back.

"I came out in a bit of a daze and got taken down, but I've been there before with black belts in my training camp," Ebersole said. "Once I got on top, I'm the wrestler."

Ebersole has a quirky personality and should sell well on future cards. He once again sported the hairrow, an arrow cut into his chest hair that pointed to his head. Following the fight, Ebersole asked UFC analyst Joe Rogan, if he could appear on the new "Fear Factor." Rogan has been the host of the show since 2001.

"The feeling is bittersweet. The fight didn't start the way I wanted it to start. I thought I would have had to wear him down much more but luckily for me he had an open guard which let me get in there. I'm ecstatic about my two straight victories. I want to fight the veterans now, the ones that I came up watching," said Ebersole.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Veteran-newcomer-Ebersole-continues-to-wow-with-?urn=mma-wp5503

SYNNEX SYMANTEC SYKES ENTERPRISES INORATED SYBASE SUN MICROSYSTEMS

No comments:

Post a Comment