Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christina Milian Opens Up About Failed Marriage

Christina Milian Opens Up About Failed Marriage

Christina Milian's short-lived marriage to producer The-Dream was more of a nightmare than anything else, the singer-actress reveals in the new issue of Latina.

"I’ve been to hell and back, but I survived," Milian, 29, says of the tough split, which was revealed in July when her husband was photographed frolicking with his assistant in the Caribbean.

Milian and The-Dream eloped in September 2009 and welcomed a daughter, Violet, the following February. But, as Milian anxiously awaited the birth of her first child, she was stunned when her husband filed for divorce days before the baby arrived.

"I didn’t know anything," she says of The-Dream's alleged affair. "But looking back, my gut was telling me something was off. But I thought I could fix it."

Trying to keep things together for the sake of their child, Milian attempted to mend the rift in the marriage.

"I tried to be someone I wasn’t because I wanted my marriage to work," she says. "But ultimately, if it’s not working, it’s not working."

Looking ahead, the new mom says she feels "so much sexier than ever before. There's a certain responsibility that I carry being a mom that makes me feel very confident and so blessed. Being a mom is the best thing that's ever happened to me."

And from despair, Milian has found strength. "I learned a lot about myself this year," she says. "I learned what I can handle. I learned how much I can take. I learned who I am and what I will accept for myself and my daughter."

What do you think of Christina Milian's strength? Chime in below!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/christina-milian-opens-about-failed-marriage/1-a-310754

Paige Butcher Pamela Anderson Paris Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment