Monday, November 8, 2010

Jessica Alba: I Don't Want to Be a Lead Actress

Jessica Alba: I Don't Want to Be a Lead Actress

Priorities have changed for Jessica Alba, who's no longer so concerned with being a big movie star. In the December issue of Elle, the 29-year-old says that her desire to be a leading lady has waned since becoming a mom to daughter Honor, 2.

"The time I'm not spending with my kid has to be worth it," she says. "So when I sat down with my agents after I was ready to go back to work, I told them: It's all about the directors. Now I prefer I'm not the lead. it's a totally different approach -- way better."

The actress, who appears next in Little Fockers, says that finally being featured in a funny film has loosened her up a bit.

"I'm shy," she says. "I don't like being the center of attention, but when I do comedy, I lose all inhibition and introspection. I no longer care."

Alba also admits that avoided tougher roles in the past because she lacked confidence in herself. But she's over it, now.

"I know I haven't been swimming in the deep end with some of the movies I've done. I wasn't trying to. I knew what they were," she acknowledges. "I'd been so afraid of criticism ever since I was young. Every time I'd get a critique or some redirection, I'd always just take it very personally, but now I have no problem with it. It's just a chance to try things a different way."

What do you think of Jessica Alba's shift in priorities? Chime in below!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/jessica-alba-i-dont-want-be-lead-actress/1-a-296357

Rachel McAdams Rachel Nichols Rachel Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment